This is one of my favorite cookies for the holidays.
- 1 1/4cups flour
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix flour, pecans, rosemary and salt in a bow, set aside.
- Using a mixer, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy, add in vanilla and mix well.
- Slowly add in flour, pecans, rosemary and salt mix until mixture becomes doughy.
- Roll a handful of dough into a tube-shape, wrap in plastic. Redo this until dough is divided into several tubes wrapped in plastic. Chill for one hour. (You can also freeze it to bake on another day).
- Round out the tube-shaped dough, cut ½ inch per cookie.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer cookies to cooling rack.