.

Weekend Weather Forecast for the North Shore

Always had a hunch for the weather and think you can feel it in your bones? Then check your stats with the North Shore's own meteorologist.

A frontal boundary will shift south of the area with perhaps a few light showers or sprinkles Saturday morning with the best chance across the southern suburbs. Rain chances will steadily increase again by Sunday night with rain most likely continuing into Monday.

Saturday: Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of scattered showers and sprinkles from 1 a.m. to 9 a.m.

      Rain Amounts: Trace to 0.05 inches

      Low temp: 58 degrees Fahrenheit

      High temp: 69 degrees Fahrenheit

      Wind: Northeast at 10-25 mph

 Sunday: Mainly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of a few showers from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m., increasing to a 60 percent chance of occasional showers/t-storms from 10 p.m. and continuing into Monday.

      Rain Amounts: 0.15 to 0.45 inches

      Low temp: 55 degrees Fahrenheit

      High temp: 67 degrees Fahrenheit

      Wind: East to northeast at 12-22 mph

Monday: Mostly cloudy with a 60 percent chance of occasional showers/t-storms continuing through 12 p.m. 40 percent chance of scattered showers from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.

      Rain Amounts: 0.15 to 0.45 inches

      Low temp: 55 degrees Fahrenheit

      High temp: 68 degrees Fahrenheit

      Wind: East to northeast 10-20 mph

Your Week Ahead: May 4 to May 11

Temperature Trends: Temperatures will average a few degrees below normal.
Precipitation Trends:
Precipitation will average near to a little below normal.
Weekend Pattern:
Unsettled conditions will continue with the front staying to our south through much of the weekend. A wave of low pressure will form on the front with rain chances increasing across much of the state from late Sunday with rain possibly becoming steady at times with winds off the lake.
Early to Midweek Pattern:
Steady rain will start off Monday with the heaviest rain settling south as the morning progresses. Tuesday looks like a dry day with perhaps some light showers developing on Wednesday as an upper-air disturbance moves in from the northwest.
Late Week Pattern:
High pressure brings quieter weather toward the end of the week with below-average temperatures.
Temperatures:
High temps will average near normal through the weekend with highs mainly in the upper 60’s to near 70 over the next few days. Highs during much of the week will average in the 60’s with a generally a northeast wind. Low temps will mainly average in the mid to upper 40’s.

Severe Weather Outlook: A few storms may become locally strong by Sunday night and early Monday, otherwise the risk of severe weather is quite low through May 11.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something