North Shore Country Day School
North Shore Country Day School is a small, highly selective private school that draws students from more than 23 suburbs and the city of Chicago. It is divided into three schools. Children in pre-kindergarten through fifth grade attend the Lower School, the Middle School houses sixth through eigth grade, and the Upper School is a college preperatory high school serving ninth through twelfth grade. All three schools offer rigorous and specialized academics, small class sizes and many extracurricular activities.
- Fax: 847-446-0675
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: Jan 01 1919
- Number of students: 500
- Male-to-female ratio: 53% female, 47% male
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: None
- Accreditation/licenses: Member of and accredited by the Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS). Also a member of the National Association of Independent Schools and the Lake Michigan Association of Independent Schools.
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 8:1
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Number of faculty: 70
- Grade levels: Junior kindergarten - 12
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Performing and visual arts, athletics, community service organizations, student clubs, literary magazine, student newspaper, yearbook, leadership organizations, gay-straight alliance, environmental clubs.
- Sports teams: Participation is required for 6-11th graders. Middle School: soccer, basketball, track and field, baseball, football, field hockey, volleyball. Upper School: soccer, football, basketball, field hockey, baseball, tennis, golf, volleyball, track and field
- Uniforms: No
- Boarding: No
- Advanced placement courses: English, United States History, Calculus (AB), Statistics, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, French and Spanish