New Trier Township High School - Winnetka Campus
The Winnetka campus of New Trier Township High School serves sophomores, juniors and seniors. Freshmen attend classes on the Northfield campus. The administration offices of New Trier Township High School District 203 are located on the Northfield campus.
New Trier Township High School is governed by its own Board of Education. The school serves residents of Winnetka, Northfield, Glencoe, Wilmette, Kenilworth and parts of Glenview and Northfield. Six public school districts feed into New Trier Township High School.
The school offers rigorous academics, including accelerated, honors and AP courses, and wide variety of extracurricular activities. The U.S. Department of Education named New Trier's fine and performing arts program in the nation's top 25 programs. Particularly, the school's Grammy award-winning music program has been called the best music education program in the country. New Trier also has 30 interscholastic athletic teams and an intramural program. New Trier athletes have won more state championships than any high school in Illinois interscholastic history.
The vast majority of New Trier graduates enroll in four-year bachelor programs. Ninety-eight percent of graduates in 2009 enrolled in college. The school has a team of post-high school counselors who advise students in the college application process.
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: Feb 04 1901
- Number of students: 1451
- Public/Private: Public
- Religious affiliation: None
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 14:1
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free, Paid lot
- Grade levels: 10-12 (Freshmen attend classes on the Northfield campus)
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Infirmary, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Advanced placement courses: Advanced placement courses are offered in history, art, English and literature, mathematics, foreign and classical languages, science and social sciences. New Trier typically does not allow freshmen and sophomores to enroll in AP classes.
- Extracurricular activities available: New Trier offers extensive extracurricular enrichment, including athletics, performing arts, fine arts and student clubs and organizations.
- Student clubs: For a complete listing of student clubs, visit the New Trier Web site.
- Sports teams: For a complete list of sports offered at the school, visit the New Trier Web site.