This owner-operated boutique is a visual feast. With a hybrid of beautifully-crafted furniture, metal decorative objects and interesting impressionist-style paintings, this is a great place to stop if you're looking for a gift or unusual pieces for a home decorating project. The furniture and decorative objects are inspired by simple French and Italian countryside themes. You might see a rustic armoir or a tastefully-patterned, overstuffed chair. The paintings are the owner's own work, and are created in a studio space in a corner of the store.
The owner, for whom the store is named, does commission painting of subjects such as children, families and landscapes. While the space is tightly packed with furniture, thanks to the uniformity of style and owner's ingenuity, the pieces are displayed in a wonderfully harmonious manner.
Home interior design consultations are available. The store has been open since 2004, but the owner has been in the decorating business since 1997.
- Fax: 847-446-6395
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 11am - 6pm; Sat, 10:30am - 4pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Parking: Free lot
- What makes this community special?: The people appreciate style and fine workmanship.
- Payments accepted: Cash, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: Wood furniture, upholstered furniture, metal decorative objects, paintings
- ATM: No
- Is there a particular focus for this gallery?: Handmade furniture, decorative metal objects, paintings
- What are some tips to keep in mind when decorating?: Be true to yourself.
- Interior design: Yes
- Home furnishing brands: Everything is fabricated by the store's brand name and owner, Maria Isasi.