Glencoe Public Library
Located in the heart of downtown, the Glencoe Public Library is the place to check out a new title, an old favorite, or relax in the company of classic literature. The library offers programming for adults, children and teens, from discussion groups to storytimes.
Members can search for titles in the library's online catalog and access electronic resources from home. By entering a library card number, cardholders can download audiobooks and ebooks, access LexisNexis and other many other online databases and archives. Staff members also run a blog with reviews and recommendations.
The library accepts book donations in boxes located just inside the main door. Friends of the Library hosts three book sales each year.
The library also has one room that can be reserved for non-commercial purposes. Visit the library's website for more information.
- Fax: 847-835-5648
- Hours: Mon - Thu, 9am - 9pm; Fri, 9am - 5:30pm; Sat, 9am - 5pm; Sun, 1pm - 5pm; (Closed Sundays, Memorial Day through Labor Day)
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: Jan 01 1910
- Parking: On-street: free
- Services: Audiobooks, Movies, Music CDs, Research databases
- Programs/classes: Technology classes, book discussion groups, live music, film screenings and discussions, kids' reading clubs, art programs and discussion groups
- Book donation information: Book donation boxes are located by the front door. Accepted: paperbacks, hardcovers, videos, DVDs, CDs and audiotapes. The library does not accept damaged items, encyclopedias or periodicals. Tax receipts are available at the check-out desk.
- Wi-Fi: Free
- Private events: Yes