In order to accommodate the athletes, Gillson Park will be closed to vehicle traffic beginning at 6 p.m. on Sat. Sept. 14, a release from the Wilmette Police Department states. Several other streets will close at 6 a.m. on Sunday morning. Gillson Park and the closed streets will reopen at 10 a.m. Sunday morning.
The following roads and areas will be closed:
- The intersection of Washington Ave. and Michigan Ave. will be closed for the entire event.
- Sheridan Rd. between Cherry St. in Winnetka, Winnetka Ave. in Kenilworth and between Linden Ave. and Isabella Rd. in Wilmette will be open for local traffic only.
- Sheridan Rd. will be closed to all motor vehicle and bicycle traffic between Winnetka Ave. in Winnetka and Kenilworth to LInden Ave. in Wilmette. THe only exception will be for the one-way northbound local only traffic lane.
- Wilson Ave. between ASh St. and Winnetka Ave. will be closed for the bike course.
- Winnetka Ave. between Green Bay Rd. in Winnetka and Sheridan Rd. in Kenilworth will close for the bike race.
- Washington Ave. between Sheridan Rd. and Michigan Ave. will be closed.
- Michigan Ave. between Lake Ave. and Sheridan Rd. will be closed.
- Central Ave. between Sheridan Rd. and 4th St., and between 10th St. and 11th St. will be closed for the run.
- 4th St. between Central Ave. and Greenleave Ave. will be closed.
- Greenleaf Ave. between 4th St. and 11th St. will be closed.
- 11th St. between Greenleaf Ave. and Central Ave. will be closed.
- 10th St. between Greenleaf Ave. and Central Ave. will be closed.