1) Winnetka Public School Board Concerned by Allegations Against Teacher: The board ultimately decided to fire David Wartik over an Evanston police investigation into a possible incident that happened in the late 1990s at a private North Shore school., although the charges were later dropped. You can read an update on this story here.
2) Seven New Trier Swimmers Qualify for Olympic Trials: The students and alums from New Trier Township High School District 203 competed for a spot to represent the United States at the 2012 Olympic Games in London.
3) Teenage 'Paranoia': A Suburban Game of Nerf Guns and Optional Nudity: New Trier students play in an elimination game with strict (but peculiar) rules, like optional nudity.
4) New Trier High School Ranked 2nd Best in Cook County: 'Chicago Magazine' also ranked two schools in Winnetka Elementary Schools District 36 among the top 10 schools in Cook County.
5) : Borja worked at New Trier High School for 40 years as a teacher, adviser, adviser chair, department chair and principal. She put together the team to create the freshman campus and served as principal there since 2001. She retired in 2011.
6) : Winnetka police are in the preliminary stages of investigating inappropriate text and emails involving New Trier High School students, according to a press release.
7) New Trier Ranked No. 13 in Listing of State's Best High Schools: Nearby Deerfield High School and Highland Park High School rang in at No. 7 and No. 12 respectively.
8) New Trier Seniors Named as National Merit Semifinalists: The students will have the opportunity to compete for scholarships worth a total of more than $32 million.
9) 6 New Trier Students Charged with Distributing Inappropriate Photos: The police investigation began last month. The male students are being charged as juveniles and police are not releasing their names.
10) : The 2012 New Trier prom returns to the Hyatt Regency downtown with an uptick in attendance, as school takes safety precautions.