.

Odd Fire at 308 S. Happ Road, No One Was Injured

The magnifying effect of sunlight and a glass mirror may have caused the Northfield fire.

Northfield police and fire fighters responded to a fire at 308 S. Happ Rd., at 11:11 a.m. on Dec. 14. 

The resident at condo unit 211 discovered fire on the couch last Friday, no one was injured, police said. 

The magnifying effect of sunlight and a glass mirror may have caused paper left on the couch to catch on fire, police said. The couch was next to a large glass mirror and an open window on a sunny day. 

The cost of the damage is unknown. Northfield Assistant Fire Chief Tom Burke determined that it was an accidental fire, according to police reports.

Want to stay up to date on Northfield news? Let us make it easy by sending it straight to your inbox or Facebook page. Sign up for Winnetka-Glencoe Patch's newsletter or "like us" on Facebook.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »