The 2012 UIC Urban Forum will bring together elected, civic and community leaders to discuss issues metropolitan areas have been experiencing, their responses and strategies to address those challenges and improve quality of life. This Forum offers sessions covering government efficiency, economic growth, health, safety and welfare, recession recovery, all circling back to metropolitan resilience factors and strategies for the Chicagoland region and the U.S.
The 2012 UIC Urban Forum co-chairs include Governor Pat Quinn, Mayor Rahm Emanuel, Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle and University of Illinois Chicago Chancellor Paula Allen-Meares.
This event is open to the general public.
To view the full agenda, visit: www.uicurbanforum.org/forum/agenda
WHO: Noteworthy panelists include:
- The Honorable Pat Quinn, Governor of Illinois
- The Honorable Rahm Emanuel, Mayor of Chicago (invited)
- The Honorable Toni Preckwinkle, President of Cook County Board
- The Honorable Michael Coleman, Mayor of Columbus
- The Honorable Betsy Fretwell, City Manager of Las Vegas
- The Honorable Luke Ravenstahl, Mayor of Pittsburgh
- The Honorable Karen Freeman-Wilson, Mayor of Gary
- Academic and policy experts, as well as leaders in the private-sector
- Among many others
All attendees must register online in advance of the Forum. To secure your registration, please visit: www.uicurbanforum.org
For more information at the University of Illinois at Chicago Urban Forum, please visit www.uicurbanforum.org/issues. Follow the Forum on Twitter at @UIC_UrbanForum and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/UICUrbanForum.