1) New Trier Jazz Fest: It's no secret that there are some amazingly talented students and alumni of New Trier High School — so come check out some of each at this year's New Trier Jazz Fest! The festival will feature performances from professionals throughout the day, as well as a student jazz competition (with over 40 high schools competing!). The day will conclude with a performance by Legendary Count Basie Orchestra directed by Dennis Mackrel. Saturday, Feb. 2, Times vary. New Trier High School, Winnetka. Day concerts are free, Count Basie Orchestra tickets are $30 each.
2) GJHP Presents "Little Shop of Horrors": Come check out the hilarious American classic, "Little Shop of Horrors." A cast and crew of over 50 Central School students make up the cast and crew of this musical about a plant with a sinister favorite snack...humans. Jan. 31 — Feb. 2. Times vary. Glencoe Central School, Glencoe. Tickets are $12.50 at the door.
3) Super Tailgate Party at the Grand: 'Tis the (football) season...for snacks. Help make your Super Bowl party one to remember, stop by the Grand where you can sample a variety of snacks from more than a dozen vendors. Saturday Feb. 2, 12 p.m., 606 Green Bay Rd., Glencoe. FREE.
4) Pre-Game Yoga: If you're planning on spending your Sunday stuffing your face at a Super Bowl party (the best way to take in the game!), then join Pam at Reach Yoga for some yoga moves to kick your digestive system into high gear and work up strong arm muscles! Sunday Feb. 3, 9:30 a.m., Reach Yoga, 688 Vernon Ave., Glencoe. FREE.
5) Introduction to Photo Editing: While it may not technically be on the weekend, Monday's course in photo editing is a must for anyone who wants to take their photos from "meh" to amazing. Learn the basics of Photoshop Elements 9 here. Monday, Feb. 4, 10 a.m., North Shore Senior Center, Northfield. $35 for members, $45 for non-members.