Despite the increased size limit for PST files in Outlook 2007, their large size is still a matter of concern for Outlook users. Therefore, to keep this fear of large PST file and PST corruption due to oversize away from the minds of users, it is suggested to split large PST file into multiple smaller PSTs. You can use any of the below mentioned methods to split a PST file in your Outlook 2007:
Archive Feature: By creating the archive file, you can move the items of your large PST file to a newly created PST. Follow the below mentioned steps to do the same in Outlook 2007:
· Select your PST file from the navigation pane.
· Click ‘Archive’ on the ‘File’ menu.
· In the dialog box of ‘Archive’, check the option saying ‘Archive this folder and all sub-folders’, and then click a folder from this list.
· Click date in the ‘Archive items older than’ drop-down.
· Click ‘Browse’ and specify the name and path of your new PST file, and then click ‘OK’.
Your new PST file is displayed in ‘Mail Folders’ list with name ‘Archive Folders’.
Move to Folder Option: This is another efficient option to move the unused items to a new PST file. Follow the below mentioned steps to use this feature in Outlook 2007:
· Go to ‘File’ menu, and then point to ‘New >> Outlook Data File’.
· Click ‘Office Outlook Personal Folder File (.PST)’ from ‘New Outlook Data File’ dialog box, and then click ‘OK’.
· Mention the path and the file name for the new PST file.
· Provide the name of your PST file in the ‘Name’ box in the ‘Create Microsoft Personal Folders’ dialog box.
· Select the folder and click one or more items that you want to move to new PST file.
· Go to ‘Edit >> Move to Folder’.
· Click ‘New’ in the ‘Move Items’ dialog box.
· Specify the name for the new folder in the ‘Name’ box of ‘Create New Folder’ dialog box.
· Inside ‘Select where to place the folder’, click your new PST file and then click ‘OK’.
· In the ‘Move Items’ dialog box, ensure that the new folder inside the new PST file is selected. After that, click ‘OK’.
Professional PST Splitter Software: However, if the above-mentioned processes seem to be big and time taking to you, then use of a professional PST file splitter tool is recommended. Reliable PST splitter software splits the large PST file into multiple PSTs without much effort and without causing data loss.
You can select any of the above-mentioned methods to split your large PST file and prevent it from getting corrupt easily.