1) Book Signing of "Peanut Butter and Jelly" — Seven-year-old author Charlie baron (That's right. SEVEN years old.) will be signing copies of his recently published books in downtown Glencoe. Patch will have a longer feature on the amazing young man next week, but stop by to meet him and buy a copy on Saturday! Marcus Opticians in Downtown Glencoe, Saturday from 12:00-3:00.
2) A Grand Taste of Local Vendors — Lucky for New Trier township residents, you don't have to go far to experience great foods. In fact, Grand in Winnetka will be showcasing a variety of local vendors — including Ala Carte, Gray Poppins Popcorn, Emma's Bakery, Real Russian Vodka and Libanais Baklava this Saturday! Stop by for the free tastings. Grand Foods, 606 Green Bay Rd., Winnetka. Saturday, 12 p.m. FREE.
3) Hollywood Icon Chris Columbus Visits The Bookstall — Hollywood legend Chris Columbus — who has helped bring such legendary movies as 'Gremlins, 'The Goonies' and 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone' to the big screen — will be in Winnetka with his co-writer Ned Vizzinito discuss his new book, 'House of Secrets'. The Book Stall, 811 Elm St., Winnetka. Sunday, 1 p.m. FREE.
4) Seussical Jr. at Wilmette Jr. High — Come see Wilmette's future Broadway stars, with Wilmette Jr. High's Youth Theatre Connection Experience's performance of Sussical Jr. — a show that's fun for the whole family to watch. Wilmette Jr. High, 620 Locust Rd., Friday April 19 and Saturday April 20, 7:30 p.m., Sunday April 21 at 12:30 p.m. $10 at the door.
5) The Shakespeare Project — The Shakespeare Project of Chicago, a troupe that presents theatrical readings of plays, will be reading The Reign of King Edward III. It should be a reading worth seeing, whether you love the Bard or haven't touched a Shakespeare play since high school. Wilmette Public Library, Saturday April 20, 2 p.m., FREE.