Invite a friend
US Secretaries of State: How Did They Affect Our Foreign Policy?
From Thomas Jefferson to Hillary Rodham Clinton, we have had 67 Secretaries of State. Some are names we have seldom heard, while others have been highly prominent. How important were they and how much influence have they had? Historian Bill Haase analyzes their role, looking at the long-term impact. He identifies several really good ones and some that he judges to be ineffective or even bad for US long-term interests. As usual, there should be a good discussion at each session.
5 sessions on Mondays 1/21 - 2/18
$45 member; $55 non-member
More About North Shore Senior Center
The North Shore Senior Center offers everything from enrichment and technology classes to entertainment and seminars on senior issues. The fitness center is open to seniors and the larger North Shore community. The volunteer center also helps seniors connect to the community through service, both at the center and in surrounding villages. It also has resources for those who live at home, such as a handyman services and legal and tax assistance. For a complete list of resources and services, visit the center's Web site or call the center directly.
Other events here
- Men's Golf League 2013 Weekly on Mondays and Thursdays, 8:00 am–10:00 am
- Research Study: Mother's Experiences in the North Shore Weekly on Wednesdays,
- File Organization Tips for your Computer Wed, May 22, 10:00 am–12:00 pm
- Secrets of Jewish History Wed, May 22, 10:00 am–11:30 am
- "Dark Comedy Classics" Kind Hearts and Coronets Wed, May 22, 12:30 pm–3:30 pm
- Pickle Ball Weekly on Wednesdays, 2:00 pm–4:00 pm
- NSSC Singles Group Weekly on Wednesdays, 3:30 pm–5:30 pm
- Mysteries! Why We Love to Read (and Write) Them Wed, May 29, 10:00 am–11:30 am
- Browsing the Browser Wed, May 29, 10:00 am–12:00 pm
- Ishiguro: Nocturnes Wed, May 29, 12:30 pm–3:30 pm