Invite a friend
Research Study: Mother's Experiences in the North Shore
Are you a mom who resides in the North Shore? And, has your current or former husband ever physically hurt you?
Are you a young adult (ages 18 – 24) who grew up in the North Shore? And, did your mothers’ former or current husband ever physically hurt her?
Are you a professional (e.g., therapist, GAL, attorney, religious leader) that has worked with mothers or families from the North Shore who experienced violence by their current or former husband (or youth exposed to violence against their mother by their father)?
So, I answered yes to the questions mom, professionals, and/or young adults, what next?
Researchers at the University of Illinois are doing a research project about mothers, young adults, and professionals with these experiences. Participation in this study would entail a one-time meeting that would last approximately 1.5 – 2.5 hours. We could meet wherever is most convenient for you.
All information we collect will be kept private and confidential. I have gone to extensive lengths to ensure confidentiality, including obtaining a National Institutes of Health Certificate of Confidentiality, which prevents any of my records from getting subpoenaed.
If you might be interested in participating, contact Megan for more information:
217-333-6924 (leave a confidential voicemail in the FACT study voicemail) or email@example.com. This research is being supervised by Jennifer Hardesty, Ph.D. at the University of Illinois.
More About North Shore Senior Center
The North Shore Senior Center offers everything from enrichment and technology classes to entertainment and seminars on senior issues. The fitness center is open to seniors and the larger North Shore community. The volunteer center also helps seniors connect to the community through service, both at the center and in surrounding villages. It also has resources for those who live at home, such as a handyman services and legal and tax assistance. For a complete list of resources and services, visit the center's Web site or call the center directly.
Other events here
- File Organization Tips for your Computer Today, May 22, 10:00 am–12:00 pm
- Secrets of Jewish History Today, May 22, 10:00 am–11:30 am
- "Dark Comedy Classics" Kind Hearts and Coronets Today, May 22, 12:30 pm–3:30 pm
- Pickle Ball Weekly on Wednesdays, 2:00 pm–4:00 pm
- NSSC Singles Group Weekly on Wednesdays, 3:30 pm–5:30 pm
- Men's Golf League 2013 Weekly on Mondays and Thursdays, 8:00 am–10:00 am
- Mysteries! Why We Love to Read (and Write) Them Wed, May 29, 10:00 am–11:30 am
- Browsing the Browser Wed, May 29, 10:00 am–12:00 pm
- Ishiguro: Nocturnes Wed, May 29, 12:30 pm–3:30 pm