Invite a friend
Monday Night at the Movies: Searching for Sugar Man
The truth can be stranger and more satisfying than fiction, as is the case with the true story told in Searching for Sugar Man. An obscure Detroit singer/songwriter named Rodriguez made two albums in the early 1970s and then disappeared. Unknown in America, Rodriguez's music was discovered by South Africans, for whom Rodriguez became as popular as the Beatles. When some of Rodriguez's most avid fans set out to determine how and where he died, they were in for the surprise of their lives. Searching for Sugar Man is "an electrifying illustration of music's power to inspire and change lives on booth sides of the footlights." --Colin Covert, Minneapolis Star Tribune.
The film will be screened twice, at 1:00 and at 7:00 p.m., at the Woman's Library Club, 325 Tudor Court.
85 minutes. Rated PG-13.
More About Glencoe Public Library
Located in the heart of downtown, the Glencoe Public Library is the place to check out a new title, an old favorite, or relax in the company of classic literature. The library offers programming for adults, children and teens, from discussion groups to storytimes.
Members can search for titles in the library's online catalog and access electronic resources from home. By entering a library card number, cardholders can download audiobooks and ebooks, access LexisNexis and other many other online databases and archives. Staff members also run a blog with reviews and recommendations.
The library accepts book donations in boxes located just inside the main door. Friends of the Library hosts three book sales each year.
The library also has one room that can be reserved for non-commercial purposes. Visit the library's website for more information.
Other events here
- Sensory Storytime for Children of All Abilities Today, May 18, 10:45 am–11:45 am
- Monday Night at the Movies: "Gerhard Richter Painting" Mon, May 20, 1:00 pm–2:30 pm
- Technology Tuesdays: Find Reviews Online Tue, May 21, 1:00 pm–2:00 pm
- Chat & Chew: An Evening Book Discussion for Grades 2-3 Wed, May 22, 6:00 pm–7:00 pm
- Book Discussion: City of Scoundrels: The Twelve Days of Disaster that Gave Birth to Modern Chicago by Gary Krist Thu, May 23, 7:30 pm–8:30 pm
- Talking Pictures: "Kinky Boots" Thu, May 30, 1:00 pm–3:00 pm