Invite a friend
Introduction to Yoga Workshop
Try yoga in a fun, supportive class with other beginners. Learn some fundamentals of yoga, how to link your breath with movement, and why to develop mindfulness with your yoga.
We will start off with a brief overview of what yoga is, where it came from, and what it can do for you. Then, you will experience some basic poses and simple sequences, in which you “flow” from pose to pose, linking movement to breath.
This 1.5-hour workshop is for students who have never taken a yoga class before. If you think you are too stiff or tight to join a regular class, this is place to start. Toward the end of the class, the instructor will go over various options for developing your yoga skills and continuing your practice, if you choose to.
You must register in advance for this workshop, because we keep our classes small. We provide everything you need, including a mat. Just wear comfortable clothing (it certainly doesn’t need to be “yoga” clothing – a t-shirt and shorts are fine). You can bring a water bottle if you wish (we have filtered water in the studio).
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to …
- list several benefits of yoga for you
- follow an instructor’s cues to execute basic yoga poses and a simple sun salutation (a linked sequence of yoga poses)
- attend a beginner or basics level class with confidence!
|Where||Reach Yoga 688 Vernon Ave, Glencoe, IL 60022|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||2:00 pm–3:30 pm|
|Who to bring||Everyone|
More About Reach Yoga
Reach Yoga is an independent, locally owned yoga studio located just a few blocks from the Glencoe train station. It offers beginner, intermediate, advanced and mixed-level yoga classes. Hatha, flow, Vinyasa and meditation classes are taught, as is teacher training and a yoga for beginners series. For full class descriptions, visit the Reach Yoga website.
Other events here
- Mat Pilates Weekly on Sundays, 8:00 am–9:00 am
- Free Meditation Class Weekly on Tuesdays, 1:15 pm–2:15 pm
- Mini-Retreat: An Evening of Friendship, Yoga & Wine Fri, May 31, 6:30 pm–8:00 pm
- FitMS: Yoga & Movement Therapy for People With Multiple Sclerosis Sat, Jun 15, 11:00 am–12:45 pm