Invite a friend
Equality of Rights: A Conversation with Elizabeth Cady Stanton
Elizabeth Cady Stanton (1815-1902) was an American social activist and leading figure of the early woman's movement. Her Declaration of Sentiments, presented at the first women's rights convention held in 1848 in Seneca Falls, NY, is often credited with initiating the first organized woman's rights and woman's suffrage movements in the US. This one-woman performance by Eileen Vorbach is a complete theatrical experience. Scripts are adapted directly from the character's own writings. The performance lasts 45-50 minutes, followed by questions to the character, and then to the actor.
Registration is required.
$9 member; $11 non-member
More About North Shore Senior Center
The North Shore Senior Center offers everything from enrichment and technology classes to entertainment and seminars on senior issues. The fitness center is open to seniors and the larger North Shore community. The volunteer center also helps seniors connect to the community through service, both at the center and in surrounding villages. It also has resources for those who live at home, such as a handyman services and legal and tax assistance. For a complete list of resources and services, visit the center's Web site or call the center directly.
Other events here
- Men's Golf League 2013 Weekly on Mondays and Thursdays, 8:00 am–10:00 am
- Research Study: Mother's Experiences in the North Shore Weekly on Wednesdays,
- Browsing the Browser Wed, May 29, 10:00 am–12:00 pm
- Mysteries! Why We Love to Read (and Write) Them Wed, May 29, 10:00 am–11:30 am
- Ishiguro: Nocturnes Wed, May 29, 12:30 pm–3:30 pm
- Pickle Ball Weekly on Wednesdays, 2:00 pm–4:00 pm
- NSSC Singles Group Weekly on Wednesdays, 3:30 pm–5:30 pm
- How to Create Jobs: Both Parties Proclaim They'll Do it, but Have Either Delivered? Fri, May 31, 10:00 am–11:30 am
- The Salem Witch Trials Fri, May 31, 10:00 am–12:00 pm
- Sammy Davis Jr: One Extraordinary Entertainer Fri, May 31, 1:00 pm–2:00 pm