Invite a friend
Chess: How Do Those Darn Pieces Move?
Learn the fun and challenging game of Chess. Acquire the skills to set up the board, identify and move the pieces, and use board notation. Time, concentration, and patience are required to become familiar with the principles of playing chess. A short video on the game will be shown to reinforce your learning experience. Then, you will play a game against a fellow classmate. This introductory course is great for beginners and is taught by Lou Solomon.
$10 member; $15 non-member
More About North Shore Senior Center
The North Shore Senior Center offers everything from enrichment and technology classes to entertainment and seminars on senior issues. The fitness center is open to seniors and the larger North Shore community. The volunteer center also helps seniors connect to the community through service, both at the center and in surrounding villages. It also has resources for those who live at home, such as a handyman services and legal and tax assistance. For a complete list of resources and services, visit the center's Web site or call the center directly.
Other events here
- Research Study: Mother's Experiences in the North Shore Weekly on Wednesdays,
- File Organization Tips for your Computer Tomorrow, May 22, 10:00 am–12:00 pm
- Secrets of Jewish History Tomorrow, May 22, 10:00 am–11:30 am
- "Dark Comedy Classics" Kind Hearts and Coronets Tomorrow, May 22, 12:30 pm–3:30 pm
- Pickle Ball Weekly on Wednesdays, 2:00 pm–4:00 pm
- NSSC Singles Group Weekly on Wednesdays, 3:30 pm–5:30 pm
- Men's Golf League 2013 Weekly on Mondays and Thursdays, 8:00 am–10:00 am
- Mysteries! Why We Love to Read (and Write) Them Wed, May 29, 10:00 am–11:30 am
- Browsing the Browser Wed, May 29, 10:00 am–12:00 pm
- Ishiguro: Nocturnes Wed, May 29, 12:30 pm–3:30 pm