Weekend Weather Forecast for the North Shore
Always had a hunch for the weather and think you can feel it in your bones? Then check your stats with the North Shore's own meteorologist.
Although it will be warmer this weekend, it will also be unsettled with periods of showers and t-storms most numerous late Saturday night and into early Sunday morning, and again late Sunday and into Monday morning. Heavy rain and possible severe storms may occur over northeast Illinois this weekend, so have those weather radios handy.
Saturday: Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of scattered showers from 12 a.m. to 5 a.m. 60 percent chance of occasional showers/t-storms from 5 a.m. to 1 p.m. 30 percent chance of isolated showers/t-storms from 1 p.m. to midnight.
Rain Amounts: 0.40 to 0.80 inch
Low temp: 50 degrees Fahrenheit
High temp: 70 degrees Fahrenheit
Wind: South to southeast winds at 10-20 mph with gusts to 25 mph.
Sunday: Mostly cloudy with a 60 percent chance of occasional showers and t-storms from 12 a.m. to 9 a.m. 30 percent chance of scattered showers from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. 70 percent chance of occasional rounds of showers and t-storms from 5 p.m. and continuing into Monday.
Rain Amounts: 0.50 to 1.25 inches
Low temp: 56 degrees Fahrenheit
High temp: 62 degrees Fahrenheit
Wind: East to southeast at 15-25 mph
Monday: Mostly cloudy and windy with a 70 percent chance of occasional rounds of showers and t-storms continuing through 10 a.m. 60 percent chance of scattered light showers from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Rain Amounts: 0.50 to 1.25 inches
Low temp: 48 degrees Fahrenheit
High temp: 61 degrees Fahrenheit
Wind: Southwest at 15-25 mph
Your Week Ahead: April 13 to April 20,
Temperature Trends: Temperatures will average a little above normal.
Precipitation Trends: Precipitation will average above normal.
Weekend Pattern: A frontal boundary will slowly move across the Midwest with periods of showers and t-storms. By mid morning Sunday, the heaviest rain will shift to our south, however, the front will return north as a warm front and bring additional chances of rain and storms by Sunday evening and into Monday.
Early to Midweek Pattern: It will be active during the time with a strong area of low pressure lifting to our west and northwest. Since we will be on the warm side of the storm, the atmosphere will be quite unstable with occasional rounds of showers and t-storms continuing Monday and into the first half of Tuesday with heavy rain amounts, especially through Monday morning. We should get a much needed break on Wednesday as a ridge of high pressure temporarily builds into the region.
Late Week Pattern: Another system will move into the Upper Midwest with showers and t-storms developing again on Thursday and continuing into Friday.
Temperatures: Temperatures will certainly warm up with high temps in the low 60’s Friday and into the low and mid 70’s on Saturday. As winds shift in off the lake on Sunday, high temps will be closer to 60 and in the low 60’s on Monday. Cooler temps likely on the backside of the storm with highs only in the upper 40’s by Tuesday. High temps will warm back into the 60’s by the middle of next week as the next storm develops to our west. Low temps will mainly be in the 40’s and 50’s, which is well above normal.
Severe Weather Outlook: Strong to severe storms are possible late Saturday evening and into early Sunday and again by late Sunday and into early Monday. Storms may produce strong gusty winds, hail and heavy downpours.