Patch Picks: Summer Staves From Boredom
Here's some ideas for seasonal endorphins.
Football fans heaved a sigh of relief this week, when NFL players and owners finished negotiations and came to an agreement.
Since football season does not begin for a few weeks, Patch Picks is here with a few ideas for summery entertainment.
- Give platform tennis (a perfect excuse to wear those summer whites) a try on the courts at 530 Hibbard Rd., located behind the A.C. Nielsen Tennis Center.
- This Saturday, work on that funny bone with a trip to the Winnetka Youth Organization (WYO), 620 Lincoln Ave., for free improv classes from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Find happiness on Margarita Mondays, at The Happ Inn Bar & Grill, 305 Happ Rd.
- Grab your dog and take a walk down to the Centennial Beach to relax and enjoy the weather, especially now that it's open after last week's oil spill.
- Lamenting the summer schedule for "Community" episodes? Get local and check out the Winnetka Historical Society’s new exhibit, "Creating Community: A History of Winnetka" at 411 Linden St.
"Like" us on Facebook to receive news and participate in the conversation on Winnetka, Glencoe and Northfield.