Laughing Yoga and Snowflakes: Five Best Bets for the Weekend
Don't have plans for the weekend yet? Don't worry! Patch has you covered.
1) Rejuvenate Your Writing Life! A Mini-Retreat for Writing Mamas: Think you have the next great American novel in you? Then join StoryStudio for a morning of learning how to get those creative juices flowing. Sat. Jan. 26, 10 a.m., 723 Elm St. Winnetka, $155.
2) Laughing Yoga Workshop: Laugh your tail off — seriously. Debbie Friend, the owner and operator of LifeCurrents, will teach attendees about laughing yoga, made up of simulated laughing exercises. Sun. Jan. 27, 6:30 p.m., Reach Yoga, 688 Vernon Ave. in Glencoe, $20.
3) Snowflake Open House: Warm up with the Christian Heritage Academy's Snowflake Open House — featuring crafts, storytimes and music for children ages 2-6. Sat. Jan. 26, 9 a.m., 315 Waukegan Rd. in Northfield, FREE.
4) Lecture: The Battle of Fort Dearborn and the Birth of Chicago: Noted historian Ann Durkin Keating as she speaks on her book, 'Rising Up From Indian Country: The Battle of Fort Dearborn and the Birth of Chicago.' Light refreshments will be served. Sun. Jan. 27, 2 p.m., 609 Ridge Rd. Wilmette, FREE.
5) Oscar Hammerstein II: Lyrical Optimist: Although this event is technically on Monday, mark your calendar because you won't want to miss this program on the life of the known lyricist. Mon. Jan. 28, 10:30 a.m., 161 Northfield Rd. Northfield, $20.