Art, War and Egg-Stravaganzas: Five Best Bets for the Weekend Ahead
No plans for the weekend ahead? No worries! Patch has you covered. Check out our best bets for the weekend here.
1) Northfield Park District's Egg-Stravaganza — Easter is just around the corner...so ring it in with the Northfield Park District! Photos with the Easter Bunny and springy face painting will begin at 10:30 a.m. At 11 a.m., kids will be able to hunt for eggs around the park grounds. There will be areas for the following age groups: 2-3 years old, 4-5 years old and 6-8 years old. There will be one grand prize egg for each group. BYOB. (Bring your own basket!) Sat. March 23, 10:30 a.m., 1950 Willow Rd., Northfield. FREE.
2) Concert: Underground Ghost Party — Come check out local New Trier rock band Underground Ghost Party as they play an hour-long set of original songs and covers. Sat. March 23, 7:30 p.m., The Rock House (1150 Central Ave., Wilmette), FREE.
3) Pajama Drive to Benefit the Pajama Program Charity — The Winnetka Community Nursery School is collecting new, unused pajamas for The Pajama Program, a charity that distributes new pajamas to children in need, many of whom are awaiting adoption. Donations can be made in-person from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday. Winnetka Community Nursery School (800 Pine St.)
4) The Future of Afghanistan and Pakistan — Get political this weekend with the North Shore Senior Center. Keki R. Bhote will lead the discussion on what might happen when American forces leave Afghanistan in 2014. Friday, March 22. 10 a.m., North Shore Senior Center (161 Northfield Rd., Northfield.) $9.
5) Artwork in the Auditorium — Local artist Kate Compernolle will be showcasing her oil paintings at the Wilmette Public Library. Hurry up and see it before the exhibit ends on March 29! All weekend, Wilmette Public Library (1242 Wilmette Ave.), FREE.