Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Inspired Service
- Organization: The Volunteer Center (serving New Trier Township and N.E. Metro Chicago)
- Causes: Animals, Civic, Educational, Health, Kids, Seniors
- Date(s): MLK DAY - Monday, January 17th 9am - 1pm
- Contact person: Barb Tubekis
- Phone: 847-441-7665
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.VolunteerCenterHelps.org
Celebrate The Life of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. with The Volunteer Center's Day of Inspired Service
Gather your family and friends and join The Volunteer Center for a day of service to celebrate the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. The program will be held on Monday, January 17th at the New Trier High School Northfield Campus from 9 am to 1 pm. There will be a menu of age appropriate activities offered for everyone. Drop in and stay as long as you like.
There will be half a dozen projects to support a variety of people with critical needs. The service projects include making our signature no-sew blankets, scarves and pet toys, as well as creating bilingual flash cards, valentines, placemats and fabric painted quilt squares.
The various service activities will benefit ten non-profit agencies:
- Connections for the Homeless
- The Night Ministry
- Project Linus
- Orphans of the Storm
- Interfaith Refugee & Immigration Ministries
- The Foster Reading Center
- TheHouse of Welcome
- The New Trier Township Food Pantry
- North Shore University Health System – Evanston Hospital and
- Our local fire departments
This community-wide event is free of charge and no reservations are necessary. The majority of the project materials are provided, however those who wish to make no-sew blankets and scarves are asked to bring two yards of fleece fabric and their own scissors to use. If people would to donate laundry detergent to benefit the New Trier Township Food Pantry, that would be appreciated as well. The day is organized to welcome the participation of the youngest member of the family to the grandparents. Stop by, stay as long as you like and make a difference for someone in need.
Please help us continue Dr. King's work by joining us for this day of inspired service.
For more information, please visit our website, www.VolunteerCenterHelps.org email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 847- 441-7665.